Stoke-on-Trent Organisations Only - Level 1 Safeguarding Children
Date & Time:
THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE, VOLUNTARY/FAITH/CHARITABLE ORGANISATIONS AND COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANIES BASED IN STOKE-ON-TRENT.
- Understand what is meant by the term Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the different ways in which children can be harmed.
- Have an awareness of key messages from learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews both locally and nationally.
- Identify the signs and indicators of possible abuse and neglect.
- Understand the ranges of responses available when assessing children's needs e.g., Early Help Assessment/Sec 17 Child in Need/Sec 47 Child in Need of Protection.
- Know where to access the Threshold document in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Identify heightened risk factors for children and families.
- Have an awareness of current legislation with regard to safeguarding children.
- Understand the local SCP and its remit including how to access policies and procedures.
- Know what to do if a child discloses abuse.Understand theirs and others' roles and responsibilities with regard to reporting concerns. Understand the necessity of information sharing and accurate recording within the context of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Know how to ask questions if you suspect a child is being abused.
- Understand their duty to report the unsafe practice of others and what to do if there is an allegation of abuse made against a person who works with children.
- Know what to do when there is an insufficient response from other organisations and agencies.
Good Internet connection needed
To be used on a laptop or desktop Computer (Can be used on a phone but very difficult)