Stoke-on-Trent Organisations Only - Level 4 Designated Safeguarding Lead Multi-agency Training
Date & Time:
- A lead responsibility for Safeguarding including Designated/Lead Officers, e.g. Designated teachers, managers responsible for child protection in early years settings and council child protection officers.
- You may have operational responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people, who make decisions about what action needs to be taken.
- You may have strategic responsibilities in addition to the operational role.
Applicants must have undertaken Level 1 Child Protection and Multi-agency Level 2 Working Together to Safeguard Children training with either Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Partnership or Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board.
- Understand the role of the Designated/Lead Safeguarding Children Officer and list the key areas of responsibility.
- Have an awareness of key legislation and guidance underpinning your organisations policies.
- Have an awareness of current safeguarding concerns in Stoke on Trent.
- Have an awareness of how your establishment reflects its safeguarding ethos
- Understand how to make timely appropriate decisions when a child or young person discloses abuse, or when a staff or volunteer reports abuse.
- Understand how to keep timely, accurate, confidential records.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional aspect of safeguarding work and identify a network for support in your organisation.
The Cost of the training is £50 (with the exception of City Council, Health, Staffordshire Police, Voluntary/Faith/Charitable organisations and Community Interest Companies)
Good Internet connection needed
To be used on a laptop or desktop Computer (Can be used on a phone but very difficult)