Staffordshire organisations only - Multi-Agency Level 3 Recognition of Emotional Harm and the Impact of Neglect on Children Training
Date & Time:
Participants must have undertaken Level 1 Child Protection training before attending this course.
The cost of the training to ALL agencies is £50 per person with the exception of Voluntary/Faith/Charitable organisations and Community Interest Companies.
All organisations that come into contact with children, young people and their families.
- Recognise signs and indicators of neglect.
- Recognise the impact issues for children and child development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the significance of timescales for progress.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the types of strategies used to intervene in situations of emotional abuse and neglect which can promote positive change.
- Have an understanding and utilise SSCB Inter-agency Safeguarding policy on Child Neglect and Threshold Framework
- Using Restorative Practice to understand the importance of the child’s voice and the ‘child’s world’. All children should be offered the opportunity to speak to a professional alone or have a suitable advocate to speak on their behalf (particularly for children who are not yet able to talk either because of their age or stage of development, because of a disability, or that English is their 2nd language) in order to gather their views and opinions.
- Understand and highlight the lessons learnt from national and local serious case reviews and child safeguarding practice reviews, including rapid reviews (where relevant)