Level 2 Working Together to Safeguard Children Multi-agency Training
Date & Time:
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ATTENDED A LEVEL 2 TRAINING EVENT WITH EITHER STOKE-ON-TRENT OR STAFFORDSHIRE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO ATTEND THIS TRAINING AGAIN.
The cost of this training is £50 person, this applies to ALL agencies except for Voluntary, Faith and Charitable organisations and Community Interest Companies. Please check with your Line Manager before booking onto this course.
Target Staff: New members of the workforce who work predominately with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, interviewing and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
The new Level 2 multi-agency course has been designed especially for webinar delivery. The training runs over one day and has been split into three specific areas:
Professional Challenge and Escalation
- Knowing how and when to professionally challenge/escalate process and policy
- Building confidence to professionally challenge and escalate and mechanisms for positive feedback
- What makes a good challenge and how would you evidence this
- What skills do you need for effective challenge/ communication, language (restorative practice – high support, high challenge)
- Professional culture and how we respond to the challenge, and differences between agencies, respect and value base.
- Supervision/ 1-1 and how this is used to offer support
Threshold, Referrals and Consent
- To explain threshold and be able to apply this to a scenario
- To be able to make an effective referral
- How to provide context for a referral – the whole story (verbal and written)
- To be able to understand what is meant by consent
- To know how to make a referral and what pathways to follow
Child Protection Conference
- To know what a child protection conference is
- To know how the timescales work in terms of strategy discussion
- To know what to do to prepare for a child protection conference (chair – speaking beforehand)
- To know what to expect to happen within conference
- To understand the impact of conference; the role of professionals and decision making
Good Internet connection needed
To be used on a laptop or desktop Computer (Can be used on a phone but very difficult)