STAFFORDSHIRE ONLY - Level 3 Children and Domestic Abuse Multi-Agency Training
Date & Time:
Participants must have undertaken Level 1 Child Protection training before attending this course.
This course will update your Level 2 certificate to continue to be the Designated/Deputy Safeguarding Lead in your organisation for another 2 years.
For training costs please go to our webpage Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board
A one-day workshop aimed to increase the understanding of domestic abuse, its impact on children and create a greater understanding of the need for multi-agency working in order to manage safer outcomes.
- A greater awareness of the prevalence & diversity of domestic abuse
- To understand how domestic abuse impacts on children.
- To understand the increased risk to children where there is evidence of domestic abuse.
- To understand the barriers to children disclosing domestic abuse and the viewpoint of the child.
- To act in accordance with the SSCB Domestic Abuse procedure.
- To promote the importance of multi-agency working and cooperation.
- Using Restorative Practice to understand the importance of the child’s voice and the ‘child’s world’. All children should be offered the opportunity to speak to a professional alone or have a suitable advocate to speak on their behalf (particularly for children who are not yet able to talk either because of their age or stage of development, because of a disability, or that English is their 2nd language) in order to gather their views and opinions.
- Develop their understanding of domestic abuse, which includes controlling and coercive behaviour from perpetrators of domestic abuse, and the impact this has on children.
- To work more effectively by gaining a greater understanding of the different interventions available for safety planning and support.
- To understand your own agencies procedures and principles of practice within the context of Domestic Abuse.
- To understand the SSCB Escalation Policy