SAFEGUARDING ASYLUM SEEKERS & REFUGEES (Children and Adults)
Date & Time:
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. As our communities become more diverse it is vital that we have the understanding and skills to protect all people at risk.
Khai Tzedek CIC is delighted to offer specialist safeguarding training for those working with asylum seekers and refugees. We are a grassroots organisation and have developed the training from our experience working with asylum seekers and refugees, and from listening to their voices.
Cost - £35.00 per person (introductory price) this charge is for all organisations, SSCB charging policy does not apply invoices will be sent from Khai Tzedek CIC. Please note that the SSCB cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Aims & Objectives.
Delegates will gain an understanding of risk factors for the asylum seeker / refugee community, including the impact of terminology and processes that may inadvertently cause harm. The training aims to equip practitioners towards an effective safeguarding response and will include information on resources for support.
The training will provide delegates with a practical understanding and insight of:
- Safeguarding concerns related to asylum seekers and refugees.
- Home Office systems and how they can impact risk or support safeguarding.
- Application of safeguarding legislation, best practice guidance, immigration legislation and associated laws.
- How to respond in ways that are culturally competent and promote safety and wellbeing.
- Trauma informed practice and how it relates to you and your role.
Course suitability – For all those working with asylum seekers and refugees in any capacity.
Course format – Zoom online training using a mixture of interactive learning and activities, including case study and real-life examples. You will need:
Good internet connection
Laptop or PC
Microphone & camera
Smartphone (to engage with Slido – Q & A and polling platform)
Pen and paper